Monday, January 18, 2010

Blade Runner on a Sunday Night

Movie #4 (498) Blade Runner
It is actually a little weird to watch a movie like this, created in 1982, set in 2019. 2019 is only 9 years away and there is no way our world would be as it is in the movie. I understand that it is one persons view of what the world could be, one story, but how many stories have been told that kinda have the same effect. Each car with the ability to fly, people living peacefully on other planets. The whole world metal and flashing lights. I wrote this out while I was watching the movie...I had yet to see a live animal when an owl flew across the screen...two seconds later I was informed it was fake, a "replicant owl". So is there animal life? To think (by this screenwriters point of view) that they had this vision of what the world would be like in 2019 makes me happy that our world hasn't completely gone to shit..yet. I can honestly say that I would not want to life in a world with no wild life, no scientific mysteries, no questions. I just think it would be hella boring...do replicants breath? do the bleed?...well I am almost done the movie and just noticed it is really dark and seems to be raining all the time. Batty is a really intense character. The end of the movie really surprised me, Batty kind of broke my heart at the end...he might have been the "bad guy" but he just didn't want to die. I wont go into detail, leave it for you to watch on your own.
PS: Replicants do bleed. Red blood and all...

Quotes:

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Deckard: I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

No comments:

Post a Comment