Thursday, January 21, 2010

Four More Movies

This week I watched a few movies, The Shawshank Redemption, The Wizard of Oz, My Fair Lady, and Chicago. The only one I watched this week that I had not seen before was Chicago. Needless to say it was awesome. Lets do this in an organized fashion...movie title and little blurb about each movie.
From the top:

Movie #5 (497) The Shawshank Redemption

Based off the short story by Stephen King titled "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption". I saw this movie because a friend of mine loved it and suggested I watch it. Being a Stephen King fan I knew I might just like it ... being most of his books made into movies suck this one most definitely did not! Tim Robbins who plays Andy Dufresne plays him well. He is simple and fairly serious until he begins to see how the system works and accepts his certain situation whether he was guilty or not. The movie is rather long but really how else would you tell the story of a man living out the what would have been 2 life sentences... it really is an interesting story with the mix of different stories and characters that come into the main story line. It is almost as if Andy is just there in his part experiencing it all, but not letting it truly affect him. I obviously do not wish to give anything away...Andy had a plan and he stuck to it. That's all I have to say.

Movie #6 (496) The Wizard of Oz

"OH its a wonderful place!" says my 3yr old brother as for the first time he watched Dorthy walk out of her fallen home and into Munchkin-land in the Merry Old Land Of Oz. It was actually awesome watching his facial expressions while he experienced OZ for the first time. I was shocked when I found out that the movie was filmed in 1939...there is some pretty good special effects for the time it was filmed. You know a movie is truthfully timeless when a busy 3yr old will sit and watch the whole thing. It may be 70 years old ( which actually amazes me) but it still has enough magic to entertain the young of this generation.

Movie #7 (495) My Fair Lady

I instantly fell in love with this movie when I first saw it. I honestly do not have much to say about this movie. It has adorable songs, characters you begin to love and of course the amazing Audrey Hepburn ( obviously I love the movie because we have the same last name, ha ha). I would have to say that my favourite thing about this movie is the transition Eliza goes through but how she still keeps a bit of her real self. The best song is "Show Me" in my opinion, I think the lyrics are awesome!
"Don't talk of stars Burning above; If you're in love, Show me! Tell me no dreams
Filled with desire. If you're on fire, Show me!" and so on and so forth. Overall one more movie off the list!

Movie #8 (494) Chicago

Directed by Rob Marshall and the winner of 6 Academy awards really no surprise!
The 1920's, my number one favourite era in history...gangsters, illegal booze, burlesque, flappers, flasks, thigh highs, heels, garters and guns and did I mention the awesome music?
I watched this movie with my older sister about 30 minutes in we had to pause for snacks. It was already gold absolutely loving the way the musical numbers where performed and worked into the line of the story. I am a fan of musicals and this is the first time I had seen one that did not randomly have the actors burst into random songs where they are more of a transfer to the stage, change your outfit and belt it out style. Richard Gere, oh wow his singing and his dancing...and his strip show might have been able to live without having to experience that. But Gere aside loved the story, the drama, the murders and the music! All that just for your name in the headlines. One I do recommend for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment